This week I have been writing about ways in which I am connecting deeper with my friends.
One simple way in which I have found to be the most incredibly rich times of connection have been where we have had dinner at our house. Note. Dinner. Not Dinner Parties.
Warm, Casual, Simple and Fun.
I hosted a dinner party last week and thought I would share the menu for the night.
As you can see it is easy, fuss free, and I have even included a grocery list for you at the end which you can increase and decrease according to the numbers!
|Large loaf of good quality Sough dough Bread. Side bowl of olive oil and balsamic and good quality butter.|
|Poke bowl with salmon, avocado, pickled ginger, cucumber, red onion, tomato, pineapple and brown rice. Drizzled with sesame dressing. (Hot sauce on the side)|
|Cut watermelon, grapes, and strawberries. Dark chocolate. Good quality waffle cones – Rum and Raisin Ice-cream (that is Greenies Favourite flavour)|
There is nothing more delicious than fresh bread and butter or olive oil.
I like to toast mine warm in the oven. If you are worried that it will get too brown than cover it in alfoil. I like to get mine sliced at the bakery or pre slice it before it is hot!
Than drizzle olive oil and serve!
Put some olive oil and balsamic, as well as delicious butter. WINNING
- Cook brown rice according to instructions.
- Allow for ½ a cup of rice per person.
- I add a bit of sesame oil to the rice when it is cooking.
- Chop up cucumbers, onion, cherry tomatoes, red onion fresh pineapple (or tinned) and avocado.
- Heat fry pan. Add good amounts of olive oil. Add salmon – skin down. Cook until medium rare. Flip.
- Slice the salmon into thinner segments. (Can remove the skin. I like to remove it and crisp it back up in the fry pan and garnish it on top.)
- Fill each bowl with brown rice on the bottom, on top lay the salmon (1/2 -1 fillet each) put avocado next to the salmon. Than arrange cherry tomatoes, cucumber, pickled ginger, red onion, and garnish with the crispy skin, pickled ginger and wedge of lemon. The rice should be hidden. Season.
- Sesame dressing. Mix all together.
- In the centre of each bowl or on top of salmon, add some Japanese mayonnaise. Drizzle salad with the sesame dressing!
- One tablespoon of sesame oil
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- Slice one chilli without the seeds
- Finely slice a chunk ginger
- ½ cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari
- Optional (white sesame seeds)
- Pinch of salt
Cut up the fruit and arrange on a pretty platter scattered with dark chocolate
Make ice cream cones for those who want to reconnect with their inner child
There you have it! Easy and delicious!
And Poke Bowls are so in at the moment!
In other news I have recently started to take on clients as a personal health consultant. I can teach you in person how to restructure your life, eating and health. Click here for more details.
Love you all deeply.
Write in if you make this,
Reign in Life
Shopping list included below
|Fresh Produce||Wedge watermelon Bag of grapes Strawberries Avocado Lemon Cucumber Red onion Cherry tomatoes Pineapple fresh or can|
|Bread||Loaf of sough dough bread|
|Dry||Brown rice waffle cones|
|Sauce and Oils (may already have these )||Olive oil Sesame oil Rice wine vinegar Soy sauce Japanese mayonnaise (optional: it is terrible for you but so delicious it is sinful)|