Salmon is Best When served Underdressed
Here is my recipe that I concocted on my botched Valentine’s date (read here). The best part is that you can whip it up in 8 minutes flat. Doesn’t get any sexier than that!
Trust me there is no compromise on taste. Listen to me, I have tried countless ways to cook Salmon. I have doused it in tasty marinade and baked it. I have smothered it in tandoori and fried it. I have even curried it. But I promise you each and every time I come to the same conclusion. Simple is best.
Pan fried in Olive Oil. You can’t go wrong. Crispy skin. Salt and Pepper to taste. Garnished with avocado and lemon with an extra drizzle of olive oil. You are welcome.
So forget the time consuming marination. Forget the added sugar. Forget the complication and opt for fast, easy and simple. It gets better every time.
Salmon with Cauliflower rice, Asparagus and Avocado
- Olive oil
- 2 fillets of salmon (or more if you are entertaining)
- Bunch of asparagus
- 1 lemon
- Pre-packaged cauliflower rice
- 1 avocado
- Heat two pans on high (one large and one small)
- Add a good drizzle of olive oil to both.
- Once the pan is very hot add the salmon skin side down. Sear it. This should take 1-2 minutes.
- Then turn heat down and cover it to cook. Wait 3-4 minutes until salmon flesh is translucent.
- Flip over for one more minute without lid.
- Put on a plate.
- Simultaneously add asparagus to other fry pan. Panfry for 3 minutes on high and turn off.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Heat cauliflower for three minutes in the package in the microwave. (You can absolutely make your own if you like).
To Plate Up
Okay people make this look pretty. You want to look like a rock star!
- Cauliflower Rice is on the bottom.
- Add salmon on the top of the rice.
- Put ¼-1/2 an avocado on the salmon.
- Place the asparagus diagonally resting on the salmon in an artistic manner.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil if desire.
- Garnish with lemon.
- Add generous amounts of salt (Celtic or Himalayan is best) and pepper to taste.
- You are now Martha Steward/Jamie Oliver combined.
Your date/ partner should kiss your feet. Pretend you slaved all day over a hot stove.
PS HINT: if salmon is out of your budget, try Aldi’s Frozen salmon. Cheaper and still very fresh and delicious.
Cook today beloved!
8 minutes in the kitchen. Twenty if you’re simultaneously drinking wine. This leaves you more time to Dine.
How do you cook your Salmon? Do you have a special method? I would love to know.
You are deeply loved and richly cherished.
Reign in Life