Five interesting things for your Weekend
Beloved ones. What are you up to this weekend? Greenie and I had a beautiful dinner at Spice Bar with two of our best friends. If you are on the Sunshine Coast be sure to check it out. Highlights were the Fish Tartar and the Duck. Outstanding!
Here are some other highlights from my life for your perusal over the weekend.
- 1. Favourite Celebrity. Jordan (incredible, wise, mind blowing) Peterson. Here are some of his thoughts on writing. “There is no difference between writing and critical thinking. If you can think and speak and write you are absolutely deadly. Writing is the most powerful thing you can teach people.” Jordan Peterson. Need some motivation on writing? Watch this: Jordan Peterson on the Power of Writing.
- 2. Favourite New Podcast. If you are a writer, or an aspiring writer and don’t know where to begin, this is for you. Jeff Goins Podcast called ‘The Portfolio Life’ is for aspiring writers, or writers who desire to make a career out of their writing. He gives tools and tips of how to begin writing, how to set atomic habits, as well as featuring guest speakers who have had highly successful writing careers. Jeff Goins has had one of the biggest impacts in mentoring me on how to set up my life to consistently write. Have a listen. Recommend: Three Steps to Start a Daily Writing Habit and How to Write your Best Book Part One.
- 3. Favourite Recipe. I made this during the week for my cooking class and was reminded of how incredibly delicious it is. Introducing the Whole Roasted Cauliflower. It is nutritious, easy, a show stopper for those dinner parties and simple enough for an easy meal at home. Highly recommend you try this week. This is my favourite recipe from Minimalistic Baker. Outstanding. Make sure that you do NOT skip the step of adding a tray of water in the bottom of the oven. I thought I would also mention that I covered mine with alfoil when it was golden brown, to avoid it going too dark.
- 4. Favourite Book: During dinner with friends last week we were playing the connection game where you go around the table and ask, ‘What is one book, podcast, or movie that changed the way you view the world and why?’ My girlfriends answer was the book, ‘To kill a Mockingbird.’ I was suddenly filled with a deep desire to reread this classic novel which literally changed the mindset of millions of people around the world. I borrowed it from the library and it is changing my world all over again. If you haven’t read one of the most classic books in the literary history, you need to stop what you are doing and read this book.
- 5. Favourite Fashion Item: Simple gold hoops. I have worn these earrings for two weeks straight. Classic but classy. Find them here at ‘lalu me the label.’ Beautiful Hannah who owns the jewellery line is an entrepreneur who is about to explode on the fashion scene. She is an outstanding person and set to do outstanding things. Buy some earrings for yourself or someone else and we can match!
To Reign in life is to continue to grow as a person and to self-develop.
The best way to do this is to start to write. Truly.
As Martin Luther said,
“If you want to change the world, pick up pen and write.”
Have a glorious weekend my beloved.
Reign in Life
Wink: You guys! Aldi’s update? The pre marinated chicken? Why has nobody ever told me this before? Seriously. From the packet, onto a tray, into the oven, and onto the table. All the guests are salivating in ecstasy. It’s full of flavour. It is succulent. It is moist. Serve with a side of whole cauliflower (recipe above) …. I am pretty much Martha Steward. Except Brown. And 30 years younger. And I look nothing like her.
If you have not signed up to my closed ‘Reign In Life’ community group make sure you do! I offer a free weekly nutritional course every Friday. Also, there are daily tips and a way to interact with me and others passionate about reigning in life every day. Go to my Facebook Page and request to join today!