Week two of our Connection Series.
This week will be interesting as I am actually cooking for 12 people at my parent’s house. As the meal will be lunch I have chosen to whip up a huge curry feast. The guests are the music team from Kingdom Culture Church and are recording on that day. There are so many people and only one hour to cook, so I will keep the menu super simple.
Mother’s Day coming up. Perhaps you can make this for her and play this connection game! Just a thought.
- Chicken Curry
- Green Salad
- Brown Rice
- Fruit and Dark Chocolate
Ingredients –Serves 4-6 (I doubled mine)
- One whole chicken (cheaper option) chopped roughly into pieces or 1.5 kg of chicken pieces. Use Organic!
- 1 can of coconut milk (preferably bpa free)
- 3 tablespoons of Larich Curry paste
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- Squeeze of lemon
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in large pot. Bring to boil then simmer for 50 minutes until chicken is falling of the bone.
- Serve with chopped chillies and Raita on the side.
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1.5 -2 cups of chicken stock. (I use 2 cubes of chicken stock and dissolve it in water)
- Pinch of turmeric
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes until lentils are cooked.
- Add more water if necessary.
- I add rocket and cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Mix it in a bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook according to the packet. Make half a cup per person!
- 2 cups of natural Yoghurt. I used Jalna.
- Add half a finely chopped cucumber.
- Finely chop a handful of mint leaves.
- Sprinkle with cumin and a squeeze of lemon.
Connection Game of choice: Rose – thorn – Bud.
Rose: What is one thing you have enjoyed recently or something you are celebrating?
Mine: (in a very brief summarised form) was my first two clients finishing my program, losing 22kg combined and taking the concepts and completely changing their lives. I am so so proud of them. Also speaking at the conference was a highlight.
Thorn: What is one thing that has been hard in the last few weeks or month for you.
Mine was starting a business and learning to enjoy the process.
Bud: What are you looking forward to in the upcoming weeks or months.
Mine is having my program written in the format of a book and an online program!
So there you have it beloved.
See even cooking for A LOT of people can be simple and easy if you let it!
Have a dinner party for your mum!
Play the connection game with everyone!
She will love it and so will you,
Until next time
You are deeply loved and richly cherished,
Reign in Life
P.S Did you miss last week? Catch up here on 5 more connection games.