Connection Series. Built your Own Burgers and a Connection Game.
Beloveds! Here is the best idea for your next Dinner party.
Build your own Burgers!
This was inspired by my delicious husband Greenie, who absolutely loves a Good burger. It is one of his favourite meals. The other night he had a night to himself for the first time in a long time. He literally researched all the best burger joints in Brisbane. It took him an hour to pick one. Then he drove into the Southbank and ate a gourmet burger all by himself. He loved it. The Brooklyn Depot to be exact… SOLID.
His passion for burgers inspired this week’s menu for our dinner party. I made my own burger patties with grass fed meat. I cut bacon up into cubes and pan fried them. This is to prevent the entire slice of bacon from coming out when you bite into the burger. Then I sliced up avocado, tomato, onion and lettuce. We bought vintage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
We outsourced the job of condiments and bread. One guest brought condiments. A VERY important task. A good BBQ sauce and aioli can make or break a burger. Knowing a good burger himself, our guest brought 7 options!
Another guest was allocated to bring buns for the burgers. Another VERY important task according to Greenie, “a good burger is all about the bread”, he passionately tells me.
Meal prep on the day was easy. I just made the patties and pan fried them. Cut the bacon into cubes and pan fried them until it was like a crispy bacon crumb. We cut up salads and laid out the cheese and the condiments and dinner was served!
Seriously Highly recommended.
Everyone loved it!
Here is what you need. (alter to your own tastes of course).
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 1kg of Grass-fed mince.
- ½ red onion.
- Handful of parsley chopped finely
- Sprinkle of paprika
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of almond meal or flour
- Good amounts of salt and pepper
- 300g of streaky bacon cut into cubes (optional)
- 3 tomatoes
- Red onion thinly sliced or pickled onions
- 12 slices of cheese
- Spinach leaves or rocket
- Beetroot (optional)
- Gherkins (optional)
- Cheese of your choice
- 6-12 l Burger or Brioche buns, or
- quality Sough dough bread sliced or
- Dark German Ry Bread.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and make around 12 patties
- Cut bacon into cubes
- Heat fry pan and add olive oil
- Shallow fry bacon until crispy and place in bowl
- Then use the same oil to pan fry the patties until cooked on both sides
- Cut salads finely and place onto separate plates
- Lay everything out and allow guests to build their own burgers!
There is nothing better then a great question around the dinner table that generates conversation and interesting discussions. Plus you always learn something new about one another.
The connection question played this week was this:
“If you could meet one person in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and what three questions would you ask them?”
Oprah! Without a doubt.
My three questions would be:
- If there is one thing you could tell yourself when you were 21 what would it be?
- What is one thing that you want to be remembered for when you die?
- In your time you have been around the most inspiring leaders, and celebrated people. What is one quality that you have consistently seen in these people which you feel is a huge part of their success.
There you are beloved.
A dinner menu and connection game. You couldn’t get any easier than that.
Reigning in life is dependent on connection with one another.
Invite someone over this week and built your burgers, engage in deep conversation and connect your lives with one another.
You are deeply loved and richly cherished,
Reign in life
Wink. You all knew I would pick Oprah. But the second person would be Ellen DeGeneres. Seriously, she is so fascinating, intelligent, generous and all together hilarious.
P.S Have you caught the first few articles of this series? See below…