5 favourite Things for your weekend
Beloved ones. What are you up to this week? I have been mostly at the Gold Coast, my favourite place writing for my new book. Fish house at the Gold coast is right next door to where we are staying and the reviews are off the chart. That is on the to do list. If not this time, then certainly for our next major celebration.
In other news here are my favourite things from the week.
- 1. Favourite Podcast: Giving and Receiving Feedback Part One. Giving and Receiving Feedback Part Two. Learning to receive and give feedback has been to date probably the most valuable lesson I have learned. Truly. I have listened to these podcasts over and over. If you learn to take criticism and seek feedback my beloved, you are deeply wise. Learning how to give and receive feedback is foundational. These concepts and podcast have changed my life because they teach you how to practically seek out feedback, and how to train yourself to receive and apply that feedback. Please take the time to listen to them.
- 2. Favourite Food: I have taken to making Chicken Broth every week. I highly recommend. You can also make Bone Broth which is even better. Adding Broth to dishes takes it to the next level. I often have a cup of hot broth whenever I want something warm and nourishing. Or I drink some with my meals. It is amazing and addictive. Greenie and I absolutely love it. Highly recommend taking time to do up a batch this weekend. I store mine in bottles in the freezer and take one out a day so I always have some in the fridge.
- 3. Favourite Activity: Aladdin is out! I will see it again and again with all your children if you don’t want to go. It is glorious. Will Smith in his green Genie outfit? Come one now… Does it get any better? And Jasmine? What a hottie. Not to mention sexy Aladdin.
- 4. Favourite Person: This week my favourite person is Greenie (my husband). He has been endlessly kind to me at this time when I am pumping out this book. Writing a book can be infuriatingly hard. It seems to invigorate and exhaust you at the same time. I love and hate it all at once. When I write I literally feel like I am sharing a part of myself with the world. It is frightening. Greenie has been my voice of strength, endless encouragement and support.
- 5. Favourite Fashion Picks: The colour mustard is in! This mustard beanie from seed is gorgeous. I think this black boots are on point for a timeless staple. Also love this velvet boot from Tony Bianco. I adore this luscious number from Camilla and Marc (I know the price is a little outrageous). Until we are rich and famous, here is a comfy number from Zara. And I absolutely LOVE these clear heels. They are effortlessly glam and I hope my husband buys them for me.
Enjoy your week beloved. And if you do nothing else promise me you will listen to those podcasts and learn to seek out feedback. If you do, you will become deeply wise. I know it.
You are deeply loved and richly cherished,
Reign in life
Wink. Are you on board Thoughtful Thursday? We are all attempting to go out of our way to be kind to someone each Thursday and posting our stories to inspire one another with #CGthoughtfulthursday on Instagram and Facebook. This week I was deep into writing and feeling immensely antisocial. I felt the opposite of thoughtful. The idea of blessing a stranger made me want to cry. I wanted to be blessed. But I took my eyes of myself and went out of my way to bless someone else. Once I did I felt like I had taken a shot of endorphins!
Jump on board. It doesn’t have to be much. Pay for the coffee for the person in line behind you. Or bake a cake. Or take your neighbours bins out. Anything. Usually it is the small things that mean the most. And bonus, it makes you so happy! Post what you do on #CGthoughfulthursday
P.S Did you miss last week? Four Favourite things for your week.