LIVE, THINK

What Is Your Dream Day? – Part 1

What Is Your Dream Day?

We all know my dream day involves Oprah, New York City, Greenie, and pink cupcakes. Read more about it here in my connection book which you should ALL read!

Some of you wrote in to tell us about your dream day. It made Greenie and I so happy getting all your messages!

We read them out loud to each other and then sent out a bunch of free books to those who wrote in!

This was one of our favourites:

Rachel Holt

“My dream day would involve waking up at 5am (which seems unbearable to a Melbournian, yet would be worth it), making a coffee and then grabbing my pre-packed backpack to go on a sunrise hike with a friend. As we walked through the Dandenong Ranges with first light touching our cheeks, the conversation would be rich and the laughter would echo down the valley. Sunrise, 7:12am. Brew 2nd coffee. Prophetic declarations of life and love over our lives and our nation. Cook breakfast on the BBQ. Share breakfast with a traveller who camped at the look out and share stories of life.

10am, back home. Chuck on some dance music and bake muffins. While they bake, do some watercolour painting. Midday. Grab a toastie from my local cafe with the crew and then go for a mountain bike ride, just for 2 hours. Smash burgers after and reminisce about the drops and berms.

Dinner. I’ve had a shower with great water pressure and joyfully washed the mud from the trail off, ready to go to your house for dinner. I’ll bring a delicious homemade quiche, locally grown berries and Merlot. We and our ‘family’ share great conversation, passing dishes over a large dinner table. There is a comfortable content silence as we sip drinks on the balcony watching the sunset and the birds come to roost It’s dark, let’s light it up!

Worship in the lounge room, with a jembe, everyone feels free enough to dance and sing with all their hearts. Cake. And ‘new business idea’ brainstorming at the end of the day. Bed, 11pm, falling asleep to the sound of the bush outside. Lovely. This is my ‘local’ perfect day.”

What is your dream day?

Comment below!

Dr Christine Greenwood

Own Your Health – Changing the Way You Think, Eat and Live

Wink: And if you haven’t yet… make sure you buy our connection book! It is perfect for a time like this when there is nothing to do except finding creative ways to connect with one another! Head over here to purchase!

Related Posts

6 thoughts on “What Is Your Dream Day? – Part 1

1. Kellie says:

Hey Christine, are you able to post up any of the other ones you received of a perfect day? X

1. Christine says:

Hey Kellie. Might be saving some for later! 😉

2. Robyn says:

Hi Christine,

I’m looking out for a very elderly couple at the moment in their 80’s. The gentleman has cancer of the kidney and a serious heart condition. Despite all of that he looks great, is active, and cognitively fine. We are all Christians and so we know God is in this all the way. He is particularly having trouble with his appetite, and has asked me to ask around for help. He went to the doctor on Monday but they were unable to do anything for him. With your particular interest in health and nutrition, do you have any ideas on what he could do next. He has a beautiful wife who cooks lots of different things for him to try, some of which he enjoys, and some of which he does not enjoy. He eats soup sometimes. However, his appetite is still quite suppressed and he continues to lose weight.

Thanks for any advice.

Robyn

1. Christine says:

Hi Robyn, thanks for reaching out. My heart goes out to him. I would advise him to see a dietician who may also have some options and his own medical doctor need to provide advice and further care. He should definitely get an individualised approach from a muldiciplinary team if he hasn’t already and follow up with them. Due to his multiple medical conditions, he should be treated and looked after by his own of medical personnel. I would advice him to work closely with them.

3. Chelsea Hagen says:

Really simple – Uninterrupted 24 hours of silence 😍

1. Christine says:

Chelsea! Gosh… I actually resonate with that! Although Greenie can have 5 minutes (maybe 10 if it involves massage)